EMSWORTH STABILITY PLUS LIMITED
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM MANUAL
4 : ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM – REQUIREMENTS
|ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT|
Emsworth Stability Plus Limited (the ‘Organisation’) recognises the importance of environmental protection and is committed to care for and protect the environment in which we operate, in compliance with all environmental regulations, legislation and approved codes of practice specifically relating to the provision of technical testing & analysis services.
We are fully committed to improving environmental performance across all of our business activities, and encourage our business partners to join us in this effort. It is our objective to operate with, and to maintain good relations with all regulatory bodies, and to carry out all measures reasonably practicable to facilitate the ability to continually improve environmental performance. We have developed action plans to supplement each of our environmental policy objectives, and will:
1. Adopt the highest environmental standards in all areas of operation, meeting and exceeding all relevant legislative requirements by assessing and regularly re-assessing the environmental effects of our equipment, plant and operations
2. Adhere to all relevant regulations concerning waste and environmental well-being
3. Purchase sustainable products wherever feasible and ensure that all supplier and sub-contracted operations are in-line with this policy; being aware of their responsibilities in the environment
4. Train employees in good environmental practice and encourage employee involvement in
environmental action, and to assist in developing solutions to environmental problems
5. Minimise waste through careful and efficient use of all materials and energy. All waste will be disposed of under controlled conditions utilising re-cycling and/or the re-use of the wherever feasible
6. Minimise energy wastage and aim to include environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions wherever appropriate
7. Reduce risks from environmental, health and safety hazards for employees and others
8. Assess our organisational activities and identify areas where we can minimise impacts, minimise risk to the general public and employees from Organisation operations and activities and Publicise our environmental position
This policy is communicated to all employees, suppliers and sub-contractors and is made available to the public. All personnel understand their obligations under this policy statement, and abide with the principals and contents of the Environmental Management System (EMS) Manual. We will constantly monitors and reviews its environmental performance and this Environmental Policy Statement in order to ensure its continuing suitability, and will implement improvements whenever appropriate.